الأربعاء، مايو 02، 2012

The Golden Book of Aquaponics....1

 Introduction: Many years ago, a friend of mine introduced to me the concept of aquaponics. At first, the idea seemed a bit crazy - take care of fish, and let vegetables/fresh produce grow with the help of the nutrients present in the fish tank. Let me be honest with you: I have no green thumb. I'm no farmer, and I am certainly no fish expert.
And yet, something about aquaponics caught my fancy. It was the idea of true self-sufficiency that made me try it. I imagined myself being able to grow a clean protein source (fish) and a steady source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber (vegetables). It was really the stuff of dreams. Who hasn't dreamed of being able to pick clean and tasty food from their own yard?
And then there I was - looking at a simple blueprint for a backyard aquaponic system. My friend told me that he didn't have the time to experiment in his own yard and he thought about me when he was about to throwaway the blueprint.
I took the blueprint, thanked my friend, and embarked on my own personal backyard adventure. I never looked back. Now my own aquaponic system is steadily producing tilapia and other edible fish, and I have fresh vegetables to harvest every few months. You can do this, too! Why Try Aquaponics?

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

مرحبا بكم إستخدموا التعليق.فيما يفيد وتذكروا أنكم تساهمون فى رقى الحضاره الإنسانيه وتذكروا أنكم تعبرون عن بيئتكم وثقافتكم وتعليمكم